Sunday, September 28, 2008

SCO's Homecoming

Since SCO doesn't have a football team, Homecoming consists of games, BBQ, and beer. It is definitely a fun filled evening! Zach and I had a lot of fun jousting!

I was so excited that there was a climbing wall! Zach and I both like to rock climb but we haven't been able to forever so it was a lot of fun. You can see in the picture how far ahead I am of Zach! Okay, so he was on the "hard" side and I was doing the intermediate...
We made it!

Anyway, Homecoming was awesome! The BBQ was typical Memphis BBQ, which I have gotten used to. I think we will be BBQ eating experts by the time we leave here.

On a side note, my friend Jana and I went to the Bartlett Festival at Freeman Park yesterday. They had a ferris wheel, live bands, lots of food, a car show, and lots of different businesses had booths trying to get you to buy something. We were at a chiropractor booth and this lady was explaining all the cool things they could do in their office to us and a few other people. They had this thing you could stand on and it told you if you leaned more to the left or right and how you held your shoulders and hips. The lady told two 13 year old girls that if they wanted to do a demonstration they would need to go find a guardian since they were under age. Jana got on the contraption first and after she was done I was about to step on to it when the lady says, "Wait, are you two related?" Jana had a very puzzled look on her face and said "no" while I just looked at her and said, "I'm 23 if that's what your asking..." The lady then says, "Oh okay, you can get on then." After she was done with me we walked away and both busted up laughing. I keep thinking that with every birthday I will somehow look older but it just hasn't happened yet. I still get mistaken for one of the young women in our ward here also. Oh well, hopefully when I'm forty I will look like I'm in my twenties, then it won't irritate me! Plus, the lady didn't tell me anything that our wii fit hasn't already told me...I lean to my left.

5 comments:

Keri said...

Everybody always thinks I'm younger than I am too. The worst was when nobody would help me at the deli counter. I just kept standing there while they helped everyone else. Finally when I was the only person left, the lady apologized profusely and told me she thought I was somebody's daughter. It doesn't help after you have a baby either. I guess people just think she's my little sister.

Megan said...

Hehe thats funny, but better to look young than be mistaken for being old...when I am out with Katey I get mistaken for being her mom. :)

Tiff Rudd said...

Great pictures of a fun night! I had to laugh again at the 13 yr old story! So incredibly funny! If it makes you feel better...I think you look like a beautiful 23, and you can hardly even tell that you lean to the left! :)

Jana said...

That story really is a good one. I'm glad I have it tucked away in my arsenal.

Anonymous said...

I dont think you look that young. Weird....call me!!!!!!