We went to Washington D.C. for Labor Day (thanks to T-mobile for our free plane tickets) and had a blast! We were able to go to quite a few of the Smithsonian museums. At the Air and Space Smithsonian we rode this crazy ride where Zach got to be the pilot of the ride and I was the gunner. I had to shoot all the planes that came in our sight on a screen while Zach made us go up side down a lot! It was so much fun! We walked around the National Gallery of Art for awhile which was awesome. I hadn't been to an art museum that big since Europe and I loved it! We went to the Natural History museum and saw some dinosaurs. We saw the Washington Monument, Lincoln Monument, and WWII Monument, they were all amazing, especially the Lincoln Monument. Sunday evening while we were there the National Symphony was having a free concert on the west lawn of the capital. It was really neat to hear them play, especially since they played cartoon songs. :) We ended the trip by eating at Hard Rock and finally seeing the White House. It was a very short trip but we managed to see almost everything we wanted. The best part about DC is that everything is free! Here's a slideshow of our trip, sorry about the weird captions, I didn't want to explain every picture but didn't know how to erase the picture number. There's a special picture in here for Zach's mom...let us know if you figure it out Ann! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




9 comments:
Hooray for a free trip! It looks like you guys had alot of fun!
0ok how did you get that? NO FAIR
That's so fun! Ben and I were just there last week, it would have been crazy if we ran into you! We also had a great time, but didn't see nearly as much as you did! I wish we would have had more time for the museums and such, and those night pictures are especially cool. You guys have been a traveling bunch this summer! Way to take advantage of your only summer off for a while. :)
Nikki, I am so excited right now! Jeff and I are going there on October 18th to pick up his parents from their mission and then driving them home. We will be going to Nauvoo and to many other places. This just really got my heart pounding. Thanks for sharing. Also because you said that things were FREE!I love you two and am so glad that you are able to do many of these really fun things together. Going to the cabin this week with G & G Heileson. Love you! A. Lisa
How nice to have one last little vacation before the school year started. It looks like you had fun.
I LOVE WASHINGTON DC! I would love to go sometime and take Jason, he's never been there. I am JEALOUS. I'm glad you had such a fun time in both places. Lambert's was pretty crazy, eh?
Okay, so you're much faster at posting pictures of trips than I am, but I did post some, just for you! Haha, I also managed to pick out the picture that you took for mom. I was starting to think I'd missed something, but it was pretty obvious once I got to it. I'm glad you had fun!
You guys seem to have way too much fun! I remember the care free trip days. Now we plan everything around nap times :). I am glad you two are enjoying yourselves out there. Have you been to the smoky Mt. Yet? We went there when we went for my brothers wedding. My sis-in-law is from a little town called Spencer, TN. About two hours from where you are. Anyway, hope all is well!
You guys take the coolest mini vacations! It looks like it was so fun!! Take us with you next time! :)
Post a Comment