Before the White Coat Ceremony I was able to go to the Memphis Brooks Museum of Art and listen to the assistant curator talk about Camille Pissarro, who is one of my favorite impressionist painters. There is going to be a big exhibit of his work through January so I am way excited about that. It was so fun to be able to just sit and listen to someone talk about art. I miss my art history classes so much so this was really nice. However, I was the only person in the room that was not in my 60's or 70's. Ha! After his talk I was able to spend about an hour and a half in the museum. Again, it was nice to just relax and look around. It's not a very big museum but it's decent.
Zach is still loving school. He is always busy studying for tests and quizzes but is doing an awesome job of spending quality time with me. :) He actually found a job that he will be starting next semester. He'll work early in the morning and will be doing all the maintenance work on the lab equipment. It will work out nicely because he will be able to work full time in the summer so he already has his summer job planned out. My job is getting a lot better, however, that was not the case last week. It was really stressing me out and I was feeling like I could never learn all the information. Last Thursday I worked in the other location in Midtown (the main office) and that was when I realized that I am really lucky to work with the people I do in Collierville. They are different than my past co-workers but they are a lot of fun at times. It's definitely still weird to make a Starbucks run instead of a sno cone run! This week has been stressful but more fun because I'm catching on to things more. I am doing really good pre-testing the patients and that is definitely my favorite thing to do. Now, I am trying to learn more about how to help patients pick out glasses. That will definitely take some time to learn. I have made 3 sales so far though. So, I am getting the hang of it...slowly.
It's crazy to think that it has already snowed back in Idaho and it's still in the low 90's and high 80's here in Memphis. Tonight has cooled down quite a bit and we may even be able to sleep with our windows open again! Hopefully it starts to feel more like fall soon though. It's still so green here, it's hard to think that it is actually October. We are definitely counting down the days until Christmas when we get to see everyone back in Idaho!! Hopefully the snow will still be there by the time we get there! :)




4 comments:
You updated. I am in shock! Just kidding. What is the White Coat Ceremony?
That is so neat! I love reading all about what you are doing.
Nikky,
I was so excited to find out that you had a blog. We need to get Jill and Becky making a blog now too, so we can all stay in touch.
Zach is so freaking TAN in this picture! You guys must be out playing too much tennis. Haha.
Post a Comment