Friday, October 12, 2007

Dixon Gallery and Gardens

Today was my day off work and Zach surprised me by coming home from school at noon and taking me to the Dixon Gallery and Gardens. It's this really old southern home that has been turned into a museum. The collection of art includes a lot of Impressionism so that was awesome. The house is amazing. It is exactly how you would imagine a southern plantation. We walked around the gardens for about an hour and probably didn't even see half of it! We really want to go back in the summer when more of the flowers are in bloom. It was the perfect day to go though because it was 75 degrees with a nice breeze. We're glad that it is finally starting to cool down! Here's a few pictures from today.





3 comments:

Dave L said...

I want to go! I feel so outclassed when Nikky starts talking about art. I mean, you both have seen the kind of 'art' I come up with.

Erin L said...

So neat! And I can't believe you updated so soon. Love it!

Katie Fish said...

Wow! How fun! What a great husband you have to surprise you with such a great outing! What a cool place! Glad you guys had fun!