Sunday, October 28, 2007

14th Row, Center Stage, Funnest Concert Ever !!!






We went to Fall Out Boy, Gym Class Heroes, Plain White T's, and Cute Is What We Aim For at the amphitheater on Mud Island. It was a beautiful night, and we were on a small island in the middle of the Mississippi River. You could see the city lights behind the stage. It was tons of fun! Cute Is What We Aim For was better than I thought they would be. They sounded great and were a lot of fun to watch on stage. Plain White T's was my favorite. Gym Class Heroes was hilarious! We almost caught one of their lead singer's shoes when he threw it into the crowd! Fall Out Boy had great special effects with bursts of flames, lights, and sparks, but they didn't sound very good live. Their ugly, black-haired guitarist was there with his girlfriend - Ashlee Simpson, but we wished they would have turned his mic off. He spouted off about hating the government, sports, and pretty much anything that is organized. He also had a terrible mouth on him. They should have just stuck to the music - we left early after hearing just a few of their songs. Luckily the other bands were amazing :)

6 comments:

Kelly Munns said...

look at you guys getting the opportunity to take in the culture...it's nothing like the dance festival in rexburg, huh? glad to see you guys are having fun! miss seeing your smiling faces at church (and the bank!)

Jason said...

I really like that Plain White T's song you have on here. I've only heard "Hey there Delilah" from them, but they sound pretty good. Glad ya'll had fun!

nat & ben said...

Hey guys, It's god to hear that ya'll are doing well. And the concert looked like it was a ton of fun. We have been meaning to give you guys a call to come down and hang out some time, we really should get together sometime.

Micaela said...

I am so glad that you two are getting out and enjoying what Memphis has to offer! I promise that you will miss this place when it comes time to leave! What a fun concert! I have PLain White T's as my ringtone! Love 'em!

Shannon said...

Hey Nikky! So, um...can I borrow your eyelashes sometime? (or ALL the time?) That would just be really great, thanks. :)

Dave L said...

nice background change...

ever consider doing a new post?