Friday, July 9, 2010

oh so random

With the big move approaching (6 weeks!) I have been doing quite a bit of packing.  The other day I came across a wonderful treasure that we received in the mail during the first few weeks of moving to Memphis.  I just had to share it with y'all. 
In case you can't tell what it is I'll explain.  It's a DVD of a music video.  We actually were brave enough to watch it and it's a rap song that goes a little something like this, "It don't matter where ya from, it's where ya at."  It talks about how it doesn't matter whether you are from the North, South, East, or West - it just matters where you are right now.  A good message actually, making sure we live our lives wherever we are!  It was our "Welcome to Memphis" gift.  I have no idea why it was sent to us but we've received many random things in the mail while living here.  Including postcards that have our names on them saying that someone from a certain church was praying for us specifically by name.  Nice, but kind of weird since we're not sure how they know who we are and where we live. 

In case you were wondering, I packed the DVD so it will be moving to Utah with us!

1 comment:

hayleemj said...

haha that is hilarious... we never got that Welcome to Memphis DVD, you guys are so special. But I did get that postcard from that church... haha I thought it was random too. It makes me wonder if I was specifically prayed for though?!?