Wednesday, July 14, 2010

4th of July

I wasn't so sure about how much fun this 4th of July would be having a kid but I was wrong.  Declan seems to make everything a lot more fun than it was before!  We are so lucky to have an easy going, funny baby.  We started out the weekend by going to driving range and Jerry's Sno Cones on Friday.  Declan loves to sit in his stroller and watch his mom and dad hit golf balls.  Really, he laughs the whole time. 

On Saturday I started the day by running in a 5K with our ward.  I am not a runner but I met my 2 goals I set for myself - I didn't want to walk at all and I didn't want to come in last. :)  Afterwards we came home and watched Argentina lose in the World Cup...Zach was upset about that.  We had an early dinner with some of our friends and then we headed over to watch the Bartlett fireworks.  We got there about 2 1/2 hours before the fireworks started and I was a little worried how we would keep Declan entertained but again, I shouldn't have worried about it because he was entertained with all the other kids and grass. :)
Declan, Levi, and Macie

I took Declan to get his face painted and Corrine got a few photos of the process.  It was pretty funny.  I asked the girl to paint a baseball and this is what we got....
He did not like that girl touching his face!  ha ha

Lately Declan has been pulling an "old man" face.  He sucks in his lips so that it looks like he doesn't have any teeth and it cracks me up every time.  He usually says "ohhh" while doing it.  He's in the process of making that face in our family photo.  

I wish we would have gotten a picture of his face while we watched the fireworks.  I was worried that he would cry because he doesn't like really loud noises but once again I was totally wrong!  He loved them.  He sat in my lap the entire time and was awestruck by them.  He never took his eyes off of them the whole time.  It was awesome!  

On Sunday we had a few friends over for dinner and then we went to the Welshes to light off some more fireworks.  Declan wasn't as happy with these fireworks since they were closer and louder but he only cried once. 
Jesse and Zach figuring out the fireworks.

Declan and Emery

Zach had the day off on Monday so we went to a little splash park in Midtown with the Welshes.  It was pretty fun to see the babies react to the water shooting out of the ground.  Declan didn't like it at first but then Zach walked him through a bunch of them and he ended up really enjoying them.  We weren't planning on going to a splash park though (we were going to go to Mud Island but it was closed) so Zach was in normal clothes and he was soaking wet.  I'm sure the workers at Holiday Ham Company were excited to see us walk in for lunch. :) At least he was mostly dry from the hot sun!  Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures from Monday but we did get some great video but it's all too long to put on here!  Overall, it was a great weekend and the best part was it wasn't insanely hot!

4 comments:

Katie Fish said...

Oh fun!! You guys all look so great!

Tara said...

Oh, Declan is so cute! His hair is getting so blonde.

Kent and Leisy said...

I can't believe declan sit still long enough to get his face painted! there's NO WAY my kids would have allowed that at his age :) and way to go on the race!

Rowbury Adventures said...

Declan is SO adorable! He sounds like such a perfect baby, I can't wait till my sister has a baby and they'll be the best of friends!