Thursday, July 30, 2009

39 Weeks

As of yesterday I only have seven days to go until my due date! I wasn't really looking forward to going to the doctor since my last four appointments have consisted of them telling me I am not dilated in the slightest and that they weren't sure if his head was down or not. However, yesterday ended up being a little more eventful! My doctor said I am dilated to a 2! I know it's not much but it's better than hearing, "your cervix is completely closed..." She wasn't 100% positive that his head was down so she decided to have an ultrasound done. It was so fun to be able to see him again! Plus, his head is down so no scheduling a C-section for me! So, if I don't go into labor on my own I am being induced on August 7th. I am really hoping that he will feel the need to come out before then because I would rather not be induced but we will see! Here's some pictures from the ultrasound. The tech kept trying to get him to move his hand out of his face but he refused! Oh and she guessed at how much he weighs right now by measuring his abdomen and femur...7lbs 15oz. I really hope she was over-estimating!

Here I am-just as big as can be!

26 comments:

Kent and Leisy said...

good luck with everything!!! I bet he'll be over eight pounds by the time he comes out!!

lindsandbrian said...

WOOOHOO!! And you still look great, although I understand feeling like you are as huge as you can be...I'm getting there and I still have a ways to go! I am so glad everything is moving along and you two are healthy! We are thinking good thoughts. Any names yet?

Keri said...

If it makes you feel any better, they estimated Joel at 7 lb 11 oz. My doctor said it is plus or minus 1 pound. Joel was 6 lb 13 oz.

Kiera said...

I'm so excited for you!! i can't believe it's so soon! I hope everything goes well for you in the next week!

The Lloyd's said...

such cute little feet!! i can't wait to meet your little baby boy!

Kelly Munns said...

wow...that's exciting news! i can't believe how scrunched they are in there. it just doesn't seem possible! good luck with everything. your world is about to change and you'll wonder what you ever did without kids! i can't wait to hear some more good news! plus, you look great. i know it sucks being pregnant in the summer, but you really do look wonderful. and your clothes are so cute!!!

Cassie said...

You look great Nikky!! Hallie weighed 7.15 and that was perfect I thought! You will do great, enjoy this last week of just the two of you and go on a few dates! He looks adorable and squished in there!

Brandon and Natalie said...

How exciting to be so close to the end! I have been wondering how things are going for you. What I was told with U/S that they give either a pound or half a pound either way (bigger or smaller).

Unknown said...

YOU LOOK SO CUTE!!!!!!!

YAY! good luck keep me posted!

S and RA Beazer said...

You look beautiful. We hope goes as planned, and this last week is eventful.

Josh n Betsie said...

yay for being dilated :0) I hope he comes earlier for you too

Kirsten said...

I'm so excited for you!!! Good luck this coming week. I know how you feel when the doctor says that your cervix is completely closed. My doctor said that I was not dialated a bit and it didn't seem like it was going to two days before Jonas was born. I was heart broken thinking for sure that I would have to wait a week past his due date to be induced. Little did I know Jonas would be born on his due date.

Dave L said...

Nikky - you have come so far. Not only are you writing about your pregnancy but even the cervix specifically. I never thought I would see the day...

a.eborn said...

Nikky! He's almost here! I don't know about you, but I'm getting pretty ancy...I have to check your blog everyday to get updates! Looking good hot mama!!
Love you!

nblair said...

Thats so awesome you got to see him again! I hope he comes on August 4th! (thats dallin's birthday!) I bet you are so anxious and excited. We are happy for you and Zac!! Enjoy some R&R together.. you will wish for it later!! =)

The Sullengers said...

Good luck in the next week - I'm sure all will go good!

Diana said...

Hi Nikky, This is Diana Peoples. You probably don't remember me but we were in Bartlett 2nd for a little while before they changed all the boundaries. I was looking at someone else's blog and came across yours and couldn't help noticing that you are due one day before I am. What's even funnier is that I seem to have been going through the same pregnancy stuff you have. I just went to the doctor on Wed and I'm not dilated in the least either. I guess you're doing a little better than me. I was also sent for an ultrasound that day because my doctor wasn't sure if the head was down and to check the weight. I'm at 7 lb, 7 oz. I haven't been scheduled for induction yet but a couple weeks ago the nurse told me if I wasn't in labor by 39 weeks they would go ahead and induce. Which hospital are you going to? I'm at Baptist Women's. I'm thinking there's a possibility we might end up being induced on the same day or quite close together anyway.

Randi said...

Nikky just incase you wanted to know this is my favorite thing ever to see you all cute and see pics. I love it!! Cole and i definatley wish we could come see you guys!! By the way you should save your maternity clothes for me! :)

Roger and Victoria said...

Yay! SO CLOSE! I wish we were closer - it will be forever before we meet your little guy. We are so excited for you. Hope everything goes as smooth as possible - and you look great! Love you guys!!!

Katie Fish said...

YAY! He's a-comin'! I hope all goes well and can't wait to see pictures of the little guy. And by the way...you look so cute!

Tiff said...

I have been thinking about you and getting so excited to meet baby Oswald! I hope everything with the delivery goes exactly how you want it to! Let me know if there is anything I can do!! Love the cute big belly!

Matt & Corrine said...

I'm so excited for you!!! Motherhood has by far been the most difficult, but the best thing I have EVER done. I think you might be surprised at how much you love him (at least I was). Good luck w/ delivery. I won't lie and say it was a favorite experience I'm looking forward to repeating soon, but the epidural was great (that time - hopefully it'll be as good this time). As far as the weight - some say that bigger babies are happier babies. I can't say if I agree or disagree, but good luck anyway! I'm so happy you don't have to schedule a c-section and hope you go on your own w/out pitocin (that wasn't a favorite either). You're going to be such a great mom! I know you have fantastic grandmas to look to, but if you ever want to ask a question, I'm always happy to share my experience - whether or not it's best advice I can't say. :)

Summer Mortensen said...

Our first was 7 lbs 13 oz, and everything went great- like no stitches, ect. So, don't be afraid, it's very possible for the first! Hope everything goes good for you, can't wait to see pictures of the new little one!

Steven and Whitney said...

remember...breathe! Good luck.

Tiff said...

UPDATE!!! I have been dying to know how your appointment went and what the dr said!! Fill us in or I will call and bug you!!! :)

Sebreros Family said...

Nicky! you are a DOLL! :) i am so excited for you! good luck with everything!