Declan McLean Oswald arrived on August 11, 2009 at 9:26 P.M. He weighed 8 lbs 12 oz and was 21 inches long. When we left the hospital he had dropped down to 8 lbs 4 oz but at his 2 week appt he was weighing in at 9 lbs 3 oz and is now 22 inches. I'm sure by now he is close to 10 lbs since he is constantly eating. Anyway, I was induced and it was quite a long day since we arrived at the hospital at 4 AM. I didn't start "active labor" until 11 AM though. That was the time that the doctor broke my water and I luckily got the epidural before that even. I spent the day playing cards with Zach, listening to the first Harry Potter book on my ipod, talking to Becky on the phone, and hanging out with my parents. It took until 5 PM for me to dilate to a 5 but then once I did I dilated to a 10 pretty fast. I started pushing at 7:15 PM and after 2 exhausting hours he finally came out! The whole experience was amazing and I think I got really lucky with a fairly easy labor. Here's some pictures, since I'm sure that's what everyone wants to see!
Right after he came out. The nurse in the back was the best!


Zach's parents and Sara came out the day after he was born and stayed until August 20th. They were so much help and made the transition so much easier!

My parents came out on August 1st and had to leave the day after he was born. It was so nice to have them around the last week I was pregnant. I'm pretty sure I would have gone crazy being home waiting for this little guy to come if they hadn't been here!

Declan in his Memphis Tigers onesie getting ready to leave the hospital

First family photo

My favorite picture of my boys

More pictures to come...someday!
15 comments:
Declan is unique, I love unique names!!! He is a beaut - I think he has your eyes Nikky! I'm glad you had an easy labor although it was long! I'm glad you love being parents - it is a lot of work, but so worth it! Can't wait to see more pics!
I'm glad everything went well and is continuing to go well. I know you are both great parents! Congrats!
I am glad things went well. He is so cute and can't wait to see him.
What a cutie!!! Glad everything went ok!! Congratulations!!
Congrats Nikky and Zack!!! You two are going to be such great parents. Spence and I are so excited for you. Hope you are feeling okay. He is one cute baby. Congrats again!!!
Congrats!
That's a big baby for such a small person! Thank goodness for the epidural, huh?!
Did you ever think you could love a little guy so much? He is too cute!
that first picture with the nurse in the background made me cry. what a precious moment. congrats on your successful labor. he is very worth it!
He is so stinkin' cute - and so alert! What an adorable family. He looks a lot like you both. Can't wait to meet Declan in person!
Congratulations again! Glad everything went well. He is adorable!
Congratulations!!!!! He is so cute and I love the name. I really hope my labor goes as easy as yours!
congrats!!! that is great and he is so cute
Congratulations Nikky and Zach! Your baby boy is so cute! I'm glad everything went well!
YEAH!! He is SO cute! I'm so glad everything went well and that the adjustment hasn't been too bad! Call me if you need ANYTHING!! Let's get together soon!
YAY Pictures!! He is SO SO cute! Congrats again! Hope all is falling into place now and you all are adjusting to your new life. How great is it?? :)
Post a Comment