Thursday, June 4, 2009

Playing catch up

Last Saturday my friends, Marissa and Heather threw a baby shower for me. It was so much fun and turned out really nice! A big thanks to everyone who came and to Heather and Marissa for all the work they put into it. Now I get to start planning Marissa's baby shower! There were seven pregnant women at my shower, unfortunately we forgot to take a picture of all of us.

My mom sent this blanket she made and an outfit that matches it perfectly!

The food was delicious!

The coolest watermelon ever!

My two favorite drinks, water and lemonade. They know me well :)
Betsie and Tiffany
Jana (had her baby this morning!) and Julie (due the day before me)
Haylee (due in Oct.), Keri (due in July), Katie, and Mallory


Mindy, Corinne (due September 9th), Heather, Marissa (due September 23rd)


Opening presents...Natelie and Becky in the background
The only game we played was nursery rhyme pictionary. It was really fun even though my team lost! I'm glad they didn't have any of those really lame shower games planned. :) This is Katie Hale drawing something!
Heather, me, Marissa with the confetti cake Marissa decorated! I don't know what I am doing with my head here...
All the presents from the shower, a pic just for my mom.

Saturday night we went to a Redbirds game with Jesse and Marissa. We were lucky enough to sit in the shade since it was extremely hot and humid. After the game they had a fireworks show which was pretty sweet.

Jesse and Marissa
Here's a not so flattering belly pic for all of you who have been asking for one. Just a little bigger than the last one I posted on Easter. ha ha. This is at 30 1/2 weeks.

Our friend, Gabrielle, we made at the game. She really liked my purse and loved having Zach take pictures of her!


This past Tuesday I had the day off work so I drove down to Collierville and had lunch with my friend Natalie. She is the doctor I worked for at Eclectic Eye (my first job in Memphis). I hadn't seen her since before Christmas so it was a lot of fun to get together for a few hours. Here is a picture of the Collierville Eclectic Eye staff. I do not miss having to wear black everyday, but I miss talking with these guys on a daily basis. I'm glad I have been able to keep in touch and see them every few months.

David, Natalie, Jomi

Everything else has been going really well. I have been so blessed to have a complication free pregnancy. Although, I haven't forgotten how miserable I was in the beginning when I was sick 24/7. I go to the doctor every 2 weeks now and am measuring right on target. I've had some awesome swelling in my feet and ankles lately. Really, last week it looked like there was a tennis ball under my skin where my ankle should be!

Zach is doing awesome in school. He is in the clinic 3 days a week now, seeing real patients! I would be so nervous if I were him, but he is such a natural at talking with people, he hasn't struggled with it. Actually his staff doctor told him the only thing he needs to work on is not talking so much with the patients. :) I think that's a good problem to have! He has even had a few Spanish exams, which has been nice for him since he hasn't been able to use his Spanish much since moving to Memphis. We also should be finding out where we will be going for externs next year pretty soon so we'll keep you posted!

19 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE IT!!! you look so precious. i know i ask a lot but you need to call me with your address! i have you baby bag and a few other things ready my love!!! call me

Kelly Munns said...

awesome! so good to see an update. i'm glad you're feeling well and super swollen :) emily briones was really happy when she found out my ankles were missing...

you look great. good luck for the next few weeks. it'll come SO fast!

Rowbury Adventures said...

look how cute you are pregnant! that's so crazy..but it looks like your having lots of fun and your surrounded by lots of pregnant women who know what your going through haha

'Ole Lisa said...

You are so cute! Nothing like a sexy cankle, right?! When I was pg with Hunter and at girls camp, my legs and ankles were really swollen and the girls thought it was a ton of fun to push the skin in and see the divets. They would make all kinds of funny designs. Hopefully yours will not get to big. I seem to remember your mothers well when grandma and I went to Germany. The poor thing could only wear flip flops and it hurt to even look at them. Looks like you got some really fun things. I am proud of Zack and how well he is doing. He is a natural when it comes to talking to people and I would bet that they really like him. Take care and thanks for the update. I love you all. A. Lisa

Randi Oswald said...

You look amazing! I am so excited for you!! I was really wishing you lived closer so that i could have come to your baby shower! Oh well!! I can't wait to come visit though!! Its going to be so much fun!! Im really looking forward to it!! Anyways its good to see that you're doing well. Talk to you soon!! Love ya

Kari said...

Oh I wish I could of been there for your shower. You are so cute pregnant! The last weeks fly so start getting ready.

Katie Fish said...

NIKKY! You look so cute! Seriously...stop it because it really makes me want to get pregnant again and that would just be CRAZY!! :) I'm glad you had a nice shower..fun times! We actually have something for you guys and one of these days we'll actually get it off to you. :) I'll need your address though. ANYWAY...cute cute. And holy crap you're getting close!! SOOOOO exciting!

Anonymous said...

Oh Gabby...what a funny girl. :) At least you got a picture of all the pregnant people even though they weren't all together.

Kendall, Starla, Conner, Aleck, and Jared said...

Your shower looks like it was fun. Sorry I wasn't able to make it. I will have to bring my gift over to you. I can't believe there were 7 pregnant people there! Lots of babies that is so fun that they will all be born so close together too.

The Lloyd's said...

i wish i could've been there! you look so cute! you need to let me know what you didn't get for your shower that you wanted. I hope you aren't sweltering up in the Memphis heat. Not too much longer and you'll be a MOM!

Hailey said...

I'm so happy you updated! Thanks for inviting us to the shower! It looks like you had fun, and I'm sorry I missed it. I really need to come visit!

Harris Family said...

Oh how fun! You are looking so great! I'm so excited for you guys, and to see some photos of your little one! Looks like a fun shower. Can't believe 7 prego woman there.

Logan and Lisa said...

It looks like you had such a fun baby shower. I love the watermelon-whoever did it is a professional. You look so cute too. I can relate with the swelling in the feet too. Some days my feet just ache, but we both don't have too much longer. I can't wait to see pics of your baby.

Haylee said...

Nikky are are looking great! I'm so excited for you to have a baby! It is coming up sooo soon! The shower was a lot of fun! Its crazy now that you mentioned there were 7 pregnant people there. Oh my! We totally should have gotten a pic!

Roger and Victoria said...

We are so glad you guys are doing so well. You look great, Nikki! Sorry about the swollen feet...just remember, this too shall pass ;). We are so excited for you guys - I can't believe how fast the time has gone. What a fun shower - that watermelon was amazing.

a.eborn said...

Looking good little momma! It looks like everything's going well! Not too much longer now huh?! Miss ya!

Kristin said...

What a fun shower. That watermelon thing is amazing! Did your friends make that? I can't wait to see pictures of this cute little baby. Even though you forgot to take photos of all 700 of you pregnant women together, you can take pictures of all the babies together soon! :)

Tanner said...

Oh, that sounds so fun... your first baby shower!! Congrats!! And, that is so exciting that you guys will be in SLC your last year doing externs... that is great!! It's going by fast isn't it?!! Whatch out, before you know it you'll be graduating with 3 kids! ;)

Tanner said...

okay, maybe 2 kids! :)