Thursday, May 7, 2009

We survived!

Last Friday was Zach's last day of finals! He is officially done with his second year of optometry and will start his third year this coming Monday! He did excellent this last semester, seriously, I couldn't be more proud. He hates it when I brag about him though...so that's all I'm saying! To celebrate we went to the Memphis in May Beale Street Music Festival on Friday night. We saw some awesome bands, one crazy fight, a girl pass out, got hit by a beer filled water balloon, and had a lot of fun!

Jacks Mannequin...the lead singer/piano player is absolutely amazing!


Katy Perry, very interesting...

Ben Harper

All American Rejects

We also heard Steve Miller Band but got to his stage too late to get close enough to take pictures. We couldn't believe how many people were there!

11 comments:

The Lloyd's said...

love love love jack's mannequin...i'm glad you got to see how amazing he is live. Did you know he had cancer? I'm glad he beat it. His music is amazing!

'Ole Lisa said...

Okay, okay! I know that Zach is funny about you gushing over him, but hey, we are ALL so proud of him and for you as well. This is not not just a lot of work for him, but you have been, and will continue to be, very supportive of him. We love you both and are very proud of you. Way to go for both of you! A. Lisa

a.eborn said...

Sounds like some serious fun!!! I heart the Steve Miller Band!!!

Kari said...

I would have to second Zach's parents. It's great that he did good but you are a very strong woman and support to him. A lot tougher than me! Congratulations to you both!

Unknown said...

that sounds like a good time~!

Padilla Fam said...

i am so late! but it's never too late! congratulations that you are having a little boy! how exciting! you are going to love being a mom! and congrats to to zach for finishing his 2nd year in optometry school.

Harris Family said...

How fun! The concert would have been way fun it sounds/looks like! Nice way to celebrate-congrats on finishing year two!

Unknown said...

where are all the new belly pics!

Unknown said...

I had to have texting blocked, i took it off to save a a little money and then ended up paying way more for incoming texts.... oopps. my bad. i might just get it again we will see. guess what we are moving again. still in long beach just to a house. i cant wait, i can have a little plant garden, a studio for all my sewing and stuff, our dog will have a yard again!!! we are really excited!

Katie Fish said...

Sorry about the In N Out craving now! :) Wish you could come eat some with us!

Congrats to Zach on another awesome semester! I'm glad you guys survived your fun crazy night. :) Did you know Bryson and I ate dinner with Katy Perry? It was like a year before she ever was that popular. She went to my best friends wedding with one of our friends, who she was dating at the time. Anyway...crazy. She was nice though. Saw Ben Harper in concert...love him! Saw AAR in concert...fun times! Glad you guys had fun!!

Katie Fish said...

And I agree...where are the new belly pics!?!