Thursday, May 15, 2008

The Bennetts visit Memphis!


My parents at the Dixon Gardens

It has been a busy month! Zach finished out his first year of optometry school on May 2nd!! He did awesome his second semester of school and I am so proud of him! Now, we just get to enjoy the summer! On May 1st my parents flew into Memphis and were able to stay with us for a week. I was able to take 2 1/2 days off work while they were here so I didn't miss out on too much of the fun! It was great to be able to spend time with them and show them all the sights of Memphis. My mom and I were able to make strawberry jam, which is necessary for our survival here in the South. :) We were able to show them where I used to work, where I work currently, where Zach goes to school, etc. My dad enjoyed having the Sports South Network to watch all the Braves games!


They spent their 34th Wedding Anniversary with us...Dixon Gardens. Later that day we ate at Texas de Brazil. It was amazing!


We took them to Mud Island....



We went to Beale Street during the music festival...we live in a very religious city. ha ha!

This is how my parents felt about Beale Street...I promise it's not always this crazy!


Zach got my dad hooked on the Wii.


My mom and I at Collierville's town square...such fun shops here!

Of course we went to Graceland!


One of Elvis' planes at Graceland...my dad is happy, it just doesn't look like it. :)



My mom at I at the Dixon.


We had so much fun while they were here! It was a great way to end the first year of school. It was so nice to just relax and spend lots of time with them. We also went to the National Civil Rights Museum (well, everyone but me) and ate at Corky's twice (we have them hooked on Memphis BBQ!). My dad and Zach played frisbee golf at Shelby Farms and when they came back they were soaking wet and short 2 discs...they only had 2 discs to start out with! ha ha, but they enjoyed themselves! Thanks mom and dad! We love you guys and miss ya lots!!!

9 comments:

Megan said...

It looks like you had so much fun with your parents, and I bet they were excited to see you guys! :) How exciting Zach is already done with his first year of school already! We miss you guys!

THE BLAIRS said...

How fun! This blog totally makes me homesick for my mom! Next time they come take them to the underground railroad museum! Not really a museum, but its pretty interesting!

Tiffany said...

I'm hoping to get some homeade jam this summer when my mom comes to visit. It looks like you guys had fun!

Tiff Rudd said...

Looks like fun! Thanks for all the great ideas for when our families come to visit again! Hanging out with you guys last night was a blast! We need to do that more often!

Tiffany said...

Thanks for the recipe. It tasted great. Funny though. . . I thought it tasted more like when we use to have it in high school when I ate it the day after I made it. . probably because we always had it for leftovers at lunch, haha.

The Pena family said...

Ok, so one of our favorite memories when we were kids was going to mud island!! I think I was 9 and I walked from the Snake River to the Gulf of Mexico and thought it was the coolest. I don't know if Becky remembers, but she was there too. Then we ate at a restaurant there and I lost a tooth when I took a bite of mashed potatoes, random I know, but this just brought it all back to me. Hope you guys are doing good in Memphis! I'm glad your parents got to come see you.

Katie Fish said...

How fun for your parents to come visit!! Looks like you guys had a blast!

Haylee said...

I found your blog through David. I'm Justin's wife (he's going to SCO in september... zach knows him) :)
Anyway, I liked your post because i was able to see what Memphis is all about... I've never even been and most likely won't until we just pack up and move out there! YIKES! Do you like it? I'm excited to meet you (I've met Zach once.. I don't even know if he remembers)
Anyway, feel free to check out our blog sometime.

The Pena family said...

Ok, so I added the little baseball team widget that you have, but mine doesn't fit on my page. Did you have to do anything to make it fit right?