The cousins -me, Jill, Kristin, Ty
Ty and Sarah with their kids
The newlyweds- Garyn and Jill with Kristin
Every summer when I was growing up (starting at the age of 5) my grandma would fly us all out to see her in California and we would spend a week or two together. All our families are spread out so it was a great way for us to get to know our cousins. Really, I have some awesome memories with these guys. Like the time Ty and Brandon chased me down my grandma's street because I lost control on my rollerblades. In the end, I crashed right before Ty was about to catch me. Or the time Emily decided to "fly" down my grandma's stairs in her backyard. That didn't end well. All the creature walks, Disneyland trips, beach visits, sunburns, grandma making us eat weird food...oh the memories. I'm so glad my Grandma thought it was important for us to get together every year! We need a cousins reunion with everyone!





4 comments:
Well aren't you just making me feel so good! Thanks. Cousin reunions are so great. And needed!! It was fun to hear you all throw stories around.
I want these pictures! Can you email them? (sawhitebyu@hotmail.com) And I made your Tres Leches cake for a crowd of Latino's and they loved it!!!
that's awesome. cousins are the best. my gpa started having family reunions at his farm for the sole purpose that all the cousins would know each other. and today, we're all so close. it's so special!
I remember how much your mom and dad missed you two when you were gone. That is great that your Grandma Ann could do that. She is a neat lady. Nice pictures. I would love the soup recipe, as I am always looking for yummy eats. Your family, and extended family, are all so beautiful and handsome.
Hey Nikky! I just saw your post a while back that you guys are moving to Walla Walla- we live in tri-cites which is probably 45 min away. If you guys ever want to hang out let me know! Itd been fun to see you! Take care and good luck with the move : )
Post a Comment