Wednesday, February 23, 2011

18 months

I can't believe Declan is already 18 months!  We took him to his check up a couple weeks ago and his stats are:
                 weight      26.1 lbs - 50%
                 height       33.75" - 90%
                 head cir.   19.25" - 75%

Luckily, he didn't have to get any shots at his appt. but unfortunately the Dr. found that he had an ear infection.  I guess that's why he had been waking up at 5 AM screaming the week before.  I just figured he was teething again!  He's doing much better now and sleeping from 9-9 again.  Thank goodness!

I think he's starting the terrible two's already.  I really hope so anyway, because if it gets worse I don't know how much I can handle!  He can throw a mean temper tantrum when he doesn't get his way.  Anyone see the Glee episode "Sue Sylvester Shuffle?"  He acts just like Sue Sylvester!  He goes to time out on his own when he hits...obviously he spends quite a bit of time there.  I know it's just a stage but it's embarrassing when your kid hits another innocent kid that you don't even know!

On the other hand, he can be the most loving and fun little guy ever.  He loves to give hugs and kisses and is always laughing.  His favorite word is ball.  He says it constantly!  Anytime he sees something round he says, "Ball, bball, bbballl, BALL!"  It's really cute.  He was starting to say some other words like eyes, ice, and dog but when he learned the word ball it's all he really says now.  He begs me to go outside everyday, even if it's freezing cold!  He just loves running around out there.  Luckily we have lots of grass and a play area around our complex so we can get out.

The other day I went into his room to get him up from his nap and I found him like this...silly boy.

My parents bought Declan this ball with a string on it the last time we were visiting Idaho and while I was doing dishes a few weeks ago he came running into the kitchen and started pulling at my leg.  He grabbed my hand and brought me into the living room to show me what he did with the ball.  At first he was mad because he didn't know how to get it down but when I started clapping he realized it was a good thing and decided to show me how he did it.


He has been having a lot of fun playing in this box also.  I was surprised when he climbed in because usually he just pushes boxes around.  Lately, it's been his "ball pit box."  Forgive his shirtless-ness.  He just got done eating lunch and since he refuses to wear a bib anymore I have to take his shirt off for him to eat!


 He likes when I take pictures of him and then show him the picture.  He is such a little cheeser.
 He wanted to take a picture of me...wonder where he gets his cheesy face from.  ha ha

Yesterday he decided it would be a good idea to sit on my sweater drying rack.  He wasn't very amused when he realized he was stuck!


Declan LOVES to take baths!  It works out well to give him one in the morning while I get ready.  He likes to fill his cups up with water and dump them on himself.

 This is him telling me what a cow says.  MOO!
 This is him telling me what a lion says.  RRRAAA!

We love this little guy so much!

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

ahh what a cute little guy!

Keri said...

I can't imagine the chaos if Joel and Declan could still play together.

Katie Fish said...

What a fun and cute kid!

Randi Oswald said...

I love him too!! He is such a sweetie!!! I can't wait to see you guys again!! miss you!

Logan and Lisa said...

Declan is just so dang cute. I hear ya with the terrible two's. I feel Ella is already there too. Such a fun age though.