Thursday, March 26, 2009

Baby stuff

Back in January one of my great friends, Heather, surprised me with my first baby gift. Here it is......

She found a good deal on this rocker and then sanded it down and painted it. Plus she made the seat cushion for it. She is probably one of the most talented people I know. Seriously, you should see her paintings! Thanks again Heather!!

Last Sunday our friends Kendall and Starla gave us their old bassinet.
We absolutely love it! Thanks so much guys! The blanket is from the crib bedding we bought before we even knew if it was a boy or girl.

Everything with the pregnancy is going well still. This little guy is definitely active and Zach has even been able to feel him kick a few times now. It's funny how last week people were telling me that I didn't look like I was 20 weeks pregnant and this week I've had patients at work asking me when I'm due. Amazing how in one week it can all change!

13 comments:

Amy said...

just say, I'm not pregnant! Jerk!

Amber McArthur said...

Fun things! We are so excited for you guys. Do you have any names yet?

Megan said...

I love LOVE the rocking chair! So fun...your friend is awesome! :)

Sarah said...

Fun! I know this will sound crazy, but I love pregnancy. What a special time. And yeah...your body changes so much. I bet you look so cute. You have the GREATEST friends. WOW! Love that rocker!!

Chance and Alisha said...

Congratulation. I typed up a nice long comment but it didn't work. Anyways, we are happy for you as Alisha said. I can't belive that you have been in Memphis for almost 2 years. I should be finishing up school this fall, and then move on to grad school myself. Have fun getting ready for the new baby. It is a blast. I saw that you went to a wedding. Was that the brother that went to Toronto on his mission? If so, I can't belive he is already back. Talk to you later.

Rowbury Adventures said...

oh how exciting! I saw coleman and his wife the other day! hah but i'm excited to see your baby someday, me and ashlie will take a roadtrip to see you!!

Tiff Rudd said...

Oh please...people are dumb - there is no way you look like you could be due anytime soon! I love the cute baby stuff you are collecting! The rocking chair is so cool - I've actually always wanted black nursery furniture! Maybe I need to hire Heather to redecorate mine! :) I know I keep saying this, but I really am so excited for you guys!!

Harris Family said...

I love that chair! You are looking amazing, and beautiful as always-cute little baby bump!

'Ole Lisa said...

Love your new things. It is always so fun to start getting things for your first baby. Nikki, you just glow and don't worry about what others say, because sometimes they speak without really thinking. Love you two, three! ;)

lindsandbrian said...

All of your cute baby stuff really makes me want to start buying things! I feel like I just don't even know where to start! When is your next trip to IF? We would REALLY love to see you!

shhluke said...

That's so fun two have such a perfect bassinet with your first baby. We borrowed one with Hunter and had a moses basket with Charlotte. Next time, I think we might have an income and if we do we'll get one like that. We should go yardsaling and find more great stuff!

Katie Fish said...

YAY for baby stuff!! SO fun!!

Kelly Munns said...

that chair is amazingly gorgeous and the bassinet is perfect! i wish i had something like that for mine.

so yes, people tend to phrase their baby body love in different ways...this one lady i worked with used to say stuff like, "oh look, you've finally lost your waist!" and "wow, you are really big!" hey lady, thanks. i hadn't noticed...