Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Easter and Ann's birthday

We had a pretty relaxing Easter even though I had to teach Young Women's and Zach ended up taking Declan home from church early.  Our ward meets at 1 so it's hard for Declan since it's right during his nap.  He had a cold and hadn't slept well the night before so we didn't think it would be good for him (and our sanity) to miss a nap also!  Here are some pics from Easter.

 Declan with all his Easter gifts - tell me how a one and half year old knows that there is supposed to be candy in those plastic eggs?!
 Hilary and Hailey came over for dinner.  Hilary just got back from Disneyland so she gave Declan a ball from there.  Hailey just got back from Hawaii and she got Declan that cute Hawaiian outfit.  I've never seen him so excited about clothing before!  He just kept saying, "WOW!"
 Family picture - like our decorative boxes?  ha ha
 This kid LOVES peeps!  

Last weekend we went to Idaho to celebrate my mother-in-law's birthday.  I have the best mother-in-law, seriously, she is great.  Ya know how a lot of people say their mothers-in-law meddle too much in their life or don't think they are good enough for their kid?  I've never felt any of that from Ann.  She is also always willing to help.  I definitely got lucky when it came to my in-laws!

 The apron I made for her birthday.

She was a just a little surprised to see an I-pad when she opened her gift from Lyndon!
This is what Declan does when we visit Grandma and Grandpa Oswald.  (sorry for the weird picture,it keeps cutting it in half whenever I upload it.)  Yep, he gambles.  He knows how to put the quarters in, pull the lever, and push all the buttons.  He knows how to work it better than I do!  Whenever he wins he lets out this happy shriek and claps his hands and when he loses he throws his hands in the air and says, "AWWW."  It is hilarious to watch!  We're great parents aren't we? 

1 comment:

'Ole Lisa said...

What's not to love about a PEEP?! My favorite is when you open them up and let them harden for a day or two. THE BEST! Darling pics! And by the way.......you ARE great parents. ;) Love you all.