Well today started out as a pretty normal, boring day but that quickly changed around 3 o'clock. My phone rang and the caller ID said it was Zach but when I answered I was surprised to hear Zach's classmate, Brandon, on the other end. He told me that Zach had been complaining about having abdominal pain and that they were walking into Methodist Hospital's Emergency Room. Right away I knew he had to be in a lot of pain because Zach refuses to ever go to the doctor. I talked to Zach on the phone earlier that day and he told me that his stomach was hurting but he just figured it was because he was nervous for his practical. I guess the pain got worse during his practical and after it was over he threw up a few times and lost all the color in his face. It took me forty minutes to get to the hospital...longest forty minutes of my life. When I finally got to the hospital the nurse told me I couldn't go into Zach's room until one of the boys left. She went back to tell one of them to leave and when she came out she told me that they were praying for him and that one of them would be out soon. :) A few minutes later, Matt Butler walked out and told me that Zach was doing a lot better and they thought he may have a kidney stone. When I walked into the room Zach was just lying on the bed and he looked like he was in so much pain...I've never seen him like that. Brandon and the nurse told me that he was looking a lot better than he did when they first brought him in. They were getting him all drugged up on pain medication and then they took him away to have a cat scan. Let me tell you though, Zach gets really loopy when he is on pain medication. Some of the things he was saying were pretty funny...Brandon and I wished we had a video camera. All the test results came back about a half hour after the cat scan and the doctor came to tell us that Zach indeed has a kidney stone...not only one, but two. Poor guy. So now, he gets to wait patiently until they pass. Lucky for him, they are both small enough that he can pass them on his own. So that was our exciting day!
It's interesting how things work out though. Last week I put in my two weeks notice at work. Why? Well, a few reasons but mainly because I wasn't getting the hours I needed. This has been a struggle for about a month and I had the opportunity to take a job in a different optometry office so I accepted the job. This Saturday was supposed to be my last day but that changed when the owner called my manager yesterday and told her to send me home and that I didn't need to fulfill the rest of my two weeks. I found out that they laid 3 people off in the other office on Tuesday and so I was feeling really good about putting my two weeks in and already having a job lined up. Now, I am really glad that I don't start my new job until Monday so I can take care of Zach. I am so thankful for all the help we got today. I really appreciate Matt and Brandon for taking Zach to the ER and giving him a blessing. Brandon stayed at the hospital the whole time with me, which I am so glad he did because he was the one who asked the doctor most of the questions...things I wouldn't have even thought about asking. It was nice to have someone to talk to while we sat in the ER for a few hours also. When we got home Brandon's wife brought dinner over for us which was very appreciated since I had eaten since breakfast! We have had so many blessings in disguise the last few weeks...it's amazing how it has all worked out. Let's just hope these stones pass soon! Thanks to everyone who helped us out today. We wouldn't have been able to do it without you!
Thursday, November 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Hey! I saw your blog on Kelly Munns' page and thought I would just say hi! I'm glad to hear that you guys are doing well, other than the kidney stone. Yuck! :) So, where exactly did you end up for school? Ryan and I are still here in Rexburg, but Ryan will be done with all his schooling in December when he takes his last set of state boards. Anyways...just wanted to say hi. ~Myranda Evans
Oh man...we know how you guys feel! Bryson knows exactly how Zach feels, having passed five kidney stones himself in the past two years (one huge one a week before our wedding). And I know how you feel Nikky, watching your husband suffer through SO much pain and feeling so unable to do anything for them! :( I read the blog to Bryson and he keeps saying, "Oh man that sucks so bad!" He feels for you Zach!! :) Well, we hope he's passed the stones and is feeling better. Thank goodness he has a great wife to take care of him!!
oohh- thats sucks about the kidney stones! my dads gotten them about 3 times! not fun- I just got your comment yesterday- its taken me a ling time to figure the whole blog thing out! How are you guys! I love that everyone can keep in touch this way!
Bryson's advice was, "Tell him not to get them anymore" haha! :) And then he also threw in to drink water to help it maybe pass faster or something. ??
Nikky!! I just barely saw your comment from October!! Haha, I'm slow. I figured that you found my blog that way, I'm glad you did so we can keep in touch!! I hope Zach is doing better!! He does have an awesome wife to help him out though!! I hope all is well. Hopefully we'll be able to see you guys when you are down here for Christmas! It's coming up soon!
Glad zach is ok...i found your blog address on your facebook account, check out our blog! ryanandchelseabelton.blogspot.com
Update please. :)
Post a Comment